The most ancient document in which Agnadello’s name is mentioned probably dates back to 1046, a decree written in Latin sent by the Emperor Enrico III to Bishop Ubaldo di Cremona. In the document the name of some other nearby villages also appears and Agnadello is referred to as “Castrum”.
In 1300 some work began to build irrigation channels from the waters of the river Adda, which are still present today. Many conflicts started at the time among the villages though, as everybody wanted the channels to run through their territory to support agriculture, and this continued up until the following century, when both the Visconti family before and the Sforza after ruled over the area.
In 1414 Agnadello, together with the villages of Pandino, Misano di Gera D’Adda and Crema, was granted as a fief to Giorgio Benzoni, successor of the two brothers Paolo and Bartolomeo Benzoni, rulers of Crema since the 12th of November 1403.
Shortly after, in 1423, the whole territory of Gera d’Adda came under the influence of Milan Dukedom and the dominion of the Visconti family, who ruled until 1447. During the second half of the XV century the town of Gera D’Adda was contended between the Venetian republic and the Milan Dukedom which was ruled by the house of Sforza. It was at that time that the famous battle of Agnadello between the French and the Venitians took place. A battle that left behind so many traces both in the tradition and on the territory. As a result of the fight, the territory was subsequently annexed to Milan, and remained under its influence until the modern era.